- Ideal solution for carrying gear in crowded or unsafe areas where protecting your gear is a concern
- Comfortable sling with cut-resistant braided stainless steel cable for added security
- Unique multi-layered neoprene/elastic/high-tech memory foam pad offers added cushion, support and unmatched comfort
- Quick-Adjust System swiftly changes the camera from a body-guarded position to shooting position in seconds
- Can be comfortably worn on either the left or the right shoulder
- Attaches to camera with Uni-Loop Connectors while no other quick releases are on the strap for increased security
- Designed for both men and women
The Urban Sling™ from OP/TECH USA is the ideal solution for carrying gear in areas of dense population where security is a concern.
The Urban Sling™ from OP/TECH USA is the ideal solution for carrying gear in areas of dense population where security is a concern. With a cut-resistant braided stainless steel cable incorporated into the webbing, it offers additional peace of mind for photographers. It has a "quick adjust" feature that allows the camera to be instantly secured in a "body-guarded" position keeping expensive cameras and lenses from swinging too freely in a crowd. The "quick adjust" returns the sling to the normal shooting position just as fast so there’s no worries of missing a shot.
The Urban Sling™ is designed with a special pad comprised of an internal layer of high-tech memory foam for added cushion and a control-stretch™ elastic to give added support. These layers are then enclosed by two layers of neoprene of which one has a non-skid surface backing for added grip on the shoulder. A support-stretch™ binding completes the picture to create a sling that can be worn for hours in comfort. There are no quick disconnects on the main part of this sling as an added security measure; however, it incorporates our Uni-Loop™ connectors for attaching to the camera. These connectors are easily interchangeable with many other OP/TECH USA harnesses, slings and straps giving the photographer added versatility.
Today's photographer needs a way to shoot comfortably and confidently while still protecting his gear. The Urban Sling™ is the perfect match!
Combine the Urban Sling™ with other OP/TECH USA products for even more possibilities.
- Create a safety lanyard for your camera on the Urban Sling™ with the use of the System Connectors - Extensions (sold separately)
For added peace of mind for those photographers who would normally only have one connection point, you can attach your camera to the sling by two points with the use of an Extension System Connector (sold separately as a set of two). One Extension piece would be attached to the back quick disconnect on the sling and connect over to the Uni-Loop™ attached to the left side of the camera. When you raise your camera to the shooting position, the Extension lanyard will be out of the viewing area.
- While actively moving around with your Urban Sling™, secure your camera to your side with the second Uni-Loop Connector™
Attach the second Uni-Loop Connector™ to your belt loop which can then be connected to the Urban Sling™ second quick disconnect. Move freely while hiking, biking or navigating busy streets and keep your camera securely attached at your side.
- When shooting with a larger lens, reduce stress on your camera's lens mount with System Connector - Lens Loops™ (sold separately)
Support the weight of a heavy lens with the Lens Loops Connectors™ (sold separately). The Lens Loops™ protect your camera's lens mount from the added weight and stress of a heavy lens while positioning the lens comfortably at your side.
- Protect your camera from bumps, moisture and dust while attached to the Urban Sling™ with a neoprene Soft Pouch™ (sold separately)
It remains snuggly on the camera as you wear the Urban Sling™ and can be quickly removed so that you never miss a shot. Available in a wide variety of styles and sizes to fit almost any camera. Check out our Product Finder to find the pouch that fits your camera.
|* Note: The weight of an item is often perceived as being much heavier than the actual weight. The recommended load is the amount of weight that can be comfortably carried on the strap. Straps can safely carry much more.
** One Uni-Loop Connector™ is sufficient for supporting a camera.
† The Urban Sling™ is measured from the top of the shoulder to the end of the Uni-Loop Connector™.
|Recommended Comfort Load *||Up to 15 lbs (6.8kg)|
|Tensile Strength||Each Uni-Loop Connector: 146lbs (66kg)|
|Carry Style||Shoulder, crossbody (Right or Left shoulder)|
|# of Connection Points||1 or 2|
|Connection Type||Uni-Loop™ **|
|Strap Length||Fully adjustable 25"–36" (63,5cm–91,4cm) †|
|Pad Dimensions||2.75" x 17" (7cm x 43,2cm)|
|Materials||Neoprene layered with high-tech antimicrobial memory foam and control-stretch™ elastic with non-skid surface|
|Webbing Materials||Cut-resistant braided stainless steel cable incorporated into the webbing for added security|
|Made in the USA||Yes|
|Stock #||Style||Color||MSRP||Approximate Size*|
|6501052||Urban Sling™||Black||$42.50||Fully adjustable 25"–36" (63,5cm–91,44cm)|
* Measured from top of shoulder to end of Uni-Loop Connector
Quick Adjust Feature
How to Attach a Uni Loop™ Connector to your Camera
1. Thread Uni Loop™ through connection point on the right side of camera.
2. Thread quick disconnect through opening of Uni Loop™ Connector.
3. Pull quick disconnect to tighten knot.
4. Attach the Uni-Loop Connector™ to the corresponding quick disconnect on the sling. The second Uni-Loop Connector™ is only used on cameras with a second connection area located on the right side (not top) or on a Pro Battery Grip. Most cameras will only use one connection.
5. Place the strap pad over your shoulder. The triglide on the back adjusts the sling to the appropriate length. The second triglide can be positioned to act as a stop to prevent your camera from sliding too far back on the sling.
One Uni-Loop Connector™ is sufficient for supporting a camera. It has a static weight support of up to 146 pounds.
Questions & AnswersNo questions have been asked regarding this product.
Buy from a Dealer
Factory-direct shipping is available in the USA only.
It's always best to support your local dealer.
We understand that this may not always be an option due to location; therefore, we're always happy to take your factory-direct order. We ship throughout the USA only. (Please note: we no longer ship to Canada.) For shipments to other countries please locate one of our International Distributors.