Utility Strap™ - Sling and Utility Strap™ - Sling XL Quick Adjust
MSRP $32.50 - $34.50
- Comfortable camera sling for carrying heavy cameras for extended periods of time; designed for both men and women
- Neoprene pad combines internal control-stretch system and Lycra® binding to evenly distribute the weight and absorb shock
- Non-skid surface keeps the strap securely on your shoulder
- Quick disconnects with two Uni-Loop connectors
- Attaches to strap connection points on the camera body, where the body is designed to carry the load, so no stress is put on your camera housing or lens mount area
- Leaves the tripod mount free for use
- Convertible to right shoulder use with the addition of the System Connectors - Gender Changers™ Watch Video
- See how it can be used with a quick-release plate
The Utility Strap™ - Sling offers ideal comfort and versatility in a cross-chest design while keeping your tripod mount accessible. The unique neoprene pad comfortably conforms to the contours of your body distributing the weight evenly over a larger area. As the pad of the strap combines neoprene and elastic at its core, it absorbs the shock of your movements.
The Utility Strap™ - Sling offers rapid access to your camera while maintaining the security of a strap worn across the shoulder. The Utility Strap™ - Sling comes with two of OP/TECH USA’s Uni-Loop Connectors™. Most cameras will only need one Uni-Loop, but for cameras with a third strap-connection point or when used with a battery grip, the second Uni-Loop Connector will be used. Your gear hangs securely at the side and will glide up and down the sling without interfering with a camera's tripod mount connection. The patented weight-reduction feature combines two layers of neoprene with an internal elastic support layer and non-skid surface to form a comfortable, durable strap that makes carrying heavy gear a joy. OP/TECH USA’s quick disconnects (QDs) are rated at 146 pounds tensile strength, so you know your gear is secure.
The Utility Strap™ - Sling XL Quick Adjust offers all the great features of the Utility Strap™ - Sling but gives you a much larger adjustability range with an added 5" in length. The quick adjust feature allows the sling to be quickly cinched tight up against the body for added protection by simply tugging on the webbing loop. This is especially handy when gear needs to be kept close to the body in rough terrain or in large crowds. When the proper shooting position is desired, simply lift the buckle with a single finger and pull down on the camera with your other hand. It's quick and easy!
Combine the Utility Strap™ - Sling Utility Strap™ - Sling XL Quick Adjust with other OP/TECH USA products for even more possibilities.
- Create a safety lanyard for your camera on the Utility Strap™ - Sling with the use of the System Connectors - Extensions (sold separately)
For added peace of mind for those photographers who would normally only have one connection point, you can attach your camera to the sling by two points with the use of an Extension System Connector (sold separately as a set of two). One Extension piece would be attached to the back quick disconnect on the sling and connect over to the Uni-Loop™ attached to the left side of the camera. When you raise your camera to the shooting position, the Extension lanyard will be out of the viewing area. The complete set of Extensions can also be used to transform the Utility Strap™ - Sling into a regular neck/shoulder strap. As a result, you get two straps in one with this easy conversion.
- Switch the Utility Strap™ - Sling to a neck strap with a set of System Connectors - Extensions (sold separately)
With OP/TECH USA's Extensions System Connectors, it's easy to switch from a sling setup to a neck/shoulder strap. Simply remove the sling connection from the neoprene pad and attach the Extensions to each side. It's now long enough to comfortably connect to the Uni-Loops™ attached to your camera.
- Wear the Utility Strap™ - Sling on your right shoulder with a set of System Connectors - Gender Changers™ (sold separately)
With the addition of the Gender Changers™ (sold separately), you can switch the configuration of the strap to work on your right shoulder so that all of the sling hardware is in the proper position for ease of use and mobility.
- While actively moving around with your Utility Strap™ - Sling, secure your camera to your side with the second Uni-Loop Connector™
Attach the second Uni-Loop Connector™ to your belt loop which can then be connected to the Utility Strap™ - Sling's second quick disconnect. Move freely while hiking, biking or navigating busy streets and keep your camera securely attached at your side.
- When shooting with a larger lens, reduce stress on your camera's lens mount with System Connector - Lens Loops™ (sold separately)
Support the weight of a heavy lens with the Lens Loops Connectors™ (sold separately). The Lens Loops™ protect your camera's lens mount from the added weight and stress of a heavy lens while positioning the lens comfortably at your side.
- Protect your camera from bumps, moisture and dust while attached to the Utility Strap™ - Sling with a neoprene Soft Pouch™ (sold separately)
It remains snuggly on the camera as you wear the Utility Strap™ - Sling and can be quickly removed so that you never miss a shot. Available in a wide variety of styles and sizes to fit almost any camera. Check out our Product Finder to find the pouch that fits your camera.
Check out the videos to discover how the Utility Strap™ - Sling can make carrying your gear feel 50% lighter and 100% more comfortable!
|Utility Strap™ - Sling||Utility Strap™ - Sling XL Quick Adjust|
|* Note: The weight of an item is often perceived as being much heavier than the actual weight. The recommended load is the amount of weight that can be comfortably carried on the strap. Straps can safely carry much more.
** One Uni-Loop Connector™ is sufficient for supporting a camera.
† The Utility Strap™ - Sling and Utility Strap™ - Sling XL Quick Adjust are measured from the top of the shoulder to the end of the Uni-Loop Connector™.
|Recommended Comfort Load *||Up to 15 lbs (6.8kg)||Up to 15 lbs (6.8kg)|
|Tensile Strength||Each Uni-Loop Connector: 146lbs (66kg)||Each Uni-Loop Connector: 146lbs (66kg)|
|Carry Style||Shoulder, crossbody||Shoulder, crossbody|
|# of Connection Points||1 or 2||1 or 2|
|Connection Type||Uni-Loops™ **||Uni-Loops™ **|
|Strap Length||Fully adjustable 26.5"–31" (67,3cm–78,8cm) †||Fully adjustable 25"–36" (63,5cm–91,4cm) †|
|Pad Dimensions||2.5" x 16" (6,3cm x 40,6cm)||2.5" x 16" (6,3cm x 40,6cm)|
|Materials||Neoprene pad with non-skid surface and nylon webbing||Neoprene pad with non-skid surface and nylon webbing|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Stock #||Utility Strap™ Style||Color||MSRP||Approximate Size|
|3501262||Sling XL Quick Adjust||Black||$34.50||25"–36" (63,5–91,4 cm)|
|3510262||Sling XL Quick Adjust||Nature||$34.50||25"–36" (63,5–91,4 cm)|
The Utility Strap™-Sling & Utility Strap™-Sling XL Quick Adjust are measured from the top of the shoulder to the end of the Uni-Loop connector.
Please watch the product video for complete instructions on how to use the Utility Strap™ - Sling. Download and print out the Instruction Sheet for attaching and using the Utility Strap™ - Sling.
Quick Adjust Feature
How to Attach a Uni Loop™ Connector to your Camera
1. Thread Uni Loop™ through connection point on the right side of camera.
2. Thread quick disconnect through opening of Uni Loop™ Connector.
3. Pull quick disconnect to tighten knot.
4. Attach the Uni-Loop Connector™ to the corresponding quick disconnect on the sling. The second Uni-Loop Connector™ is only used on cameras with a second connection area located on the right side (not top) or on a Pro Battery Grip. Most cameras will only use one connection.
5. Place the strap pad over the left shoulder. The triglide on the back adjusts the sling to the appropriate length. The second triglide can be positioned to act as a stop to prevent your camera from sliding too far back on the sling.
One Uni-Loop Connector™ is sufficient for supporting a camera. It has a static weight support of up to 146 pounds.
Questions & Answers
Do you have any type of "Gender Changer" adapters, so that the entire strap system can be reversed and worn on the left? This strap seems designed to be worn on the right side, so that the plastic slip part sits in the rear...to prevent the camera from sliding too far back. However, I want to carry the camera on the left side, so everything needs to be reversed..and the plastic parts don't work that way.
Yes! We do have System Connectors - Gender Changers™ that can be used to switch the Utility Strap™ - Sling to be worn on the right shoulder with your gear hanging at your left side. It’s necessary to use the Gender Changers™ on the Utility Strap™ - Sling when worn on the right shoulder, so that your camera can still glide freely up and down the sling.
Does this come with everything shown? I.e. does it include the across the shoulder strap and the strap below or do I connect it to my own camera strap??
Yes, the Utility Strap™ - Sling comes with everything shown. Nothing else needs to be purchased in order to use it.
Buy from a Dealer
Factory-direct shipping is available in the USA only.
It's always best to support your local dealer.
We understand that this may not always be an option due to location; therefore, we're always happy to take your factory-direct order. We ship throughout the USA only. (Please note: we cannot ship to Canada.) For shipments to other countries please locate one of our International Distributors.