Super Classic Sling™
- Rapid gliding motion brings your gear quickly into position
- Neoprene pad with internal control-stretch system evenly distributes weight and absorbs shock
- Comfortable for both men and women; can be worn on either right or left shoulder
- Quick Adjust feature changes length in seconds
- Tripod connection remains free for use
The Super Classic Sling™ is an ideal camera sling for photographers using full-frame mirrorless and SLR cameras. It incorporates a tailored design, patented internal control-stretch system and non-skid surface backing to keep the sling securely on your shoulder. For even more versatility, check out the Super Classic Combo™ that combines a neck strap, a shoulder sling, and a wrist strap all in one kit!. For photographers seeking a more traditional neck strap, check out the Super Classic Strap™.
OP/TECH USA’s Super Classic Sling™ is a streamlined sling-style strap for mirrorless and SLR cameras using heavy lenses. The cameras may be getting smaller, but the lenses are still packing on the weight. The Super Classic Sling™ offers the best of both worlds—compact design with added reinforcement and support to handle the extra weight.
As many photographers prefer to keep the attachment on the camera as short as possible, OP/TECH USA's Uni-Loop™ Connectors fit the bill perfectly. They secure easily on the camera and glide smoothly up and down the sling for rapid access to the camera. As the Uni-Loop™ Connectors attach to the normal connection area on a camera, there’s no need to give up the tripod mount. This keeps the gear in a more accessible position instead of hanging upside down which can put more torque and pressure on the camera housing and lens mount area. Most cameras will attach with a single Uni-Loop™ connector (rated at a tensile strength of146 lbs.); however, cameras with a second attachment point on the right side, or cameras with battery grips can use two. An adjustable “stop” lets the photographer configure the position where the camera hangs best. The quick disconnects allow one to change from a sling configuration to a more conventional neck/shoulder strap by simply attaching OP/TECH USA's Extension System Connectors (sold separately). This makes the strap extremely versatile so that it changes along with the photographer’s needs.
The comfortable neoprene pad features a non-skid surface backing which really grips to the shoulder. It can be worn on either the right or left shoulder which increases its versatility over most other slings on the market. The internal control-stretch system combined with a comfort-stretch binding assures a durable strap that offers maximum comfort and support.
The quick adjust feature allows the length to be instantly shortened or lengthened as desired. This is great for hiking through dense brush or navigating large crowds as the camera can be cinched up close to the body for added security. To return the sling to its regular size, all that is needed is to lift the upper connector with a single finger and pull the camera down into shooting position. It's that easy!
Combine the Super Classic Sling™ with other OP/TECH USA products for even more possibilities.
- Create a safety lanyard for your camera on the Super Classic Sling™ with the use of the System Connectors - Extensions (sold separately)
For added peace of mind for those photographers who would normally only have one connection point, you can attach your camera to the sling by two points with the use of an Extension System Connector (sold separately as a set of two). One Extension piece would be attached to the back quick disconnect on the sling and connect over to the Uni-Loop™ attached to the left side of the camera. When you raise your camera to the shooting position, the Extension lanyard will be out of the viewing area.
- While actively moving around with your Super Classic Sling™, secure your camera to your side with the second Uni-Loop Connector™
Attach the second Uni-Loop Connector™ to your belt loop which can then be connected to the second quick disconnect on the Super Classic Sling™. Move freely while hiking, biking or navigating busy streets and keep your camera securely attached at your side.
- When shooting with a larger lens, reduce stress on your camera's lens mount with System Connector - Lens Loops™ (sold separately)
Support the weight of a heavy lens with the Lens Loops Connectors™ (sold separately). The Lens Loops™ protect your camera's lens mount from the added weight and stress of a heavy lens while positioning the lens comfortably at your side.
- Protect your camera from bumps, moisture and dust while attached to the Super Classic Sling™ with a neoprene Soft Pouch™ - Digital D-Series (sold separately)
The padded neoprene pouch remains snuggly on the camera as you wear the Super Classic Sling™ and can be quickly removed so that you never miss a shot. Available in a wide variety of styles and sizes to fit almost any camera. Check out our Product Finder to find the pouch that fits your camera.
|Super Classic Sling™|
|* Note: The weight of an item is often perceived as being much heavier than the actual weight. The recommended load is the amount of weight that can be comfortably carried on the strap. Straps can safely carry much more.
** One Uni-Loop Connector™ is sufficient for supporting a camera.
|Recommended Comfort Load *||Up to 15 lbs (6.8kg)|
|Tensile Strength||Each Uni-Loop Connector: 146lbs (66kg)|
|# of Connection Points||1 or 2|
|Connection Type||Uni-Loop **|
|Strap Length||25"–36" (63,5cm–91,4 cm)|
|Pad Dimensions||2" x 15" (5cm x 38,1cm)|
|Materials||Neoprene pad with non-skid surface, nylon webbing and leather tabs|
|Made in the USA||Yes|
|Stock #||Style||Color||MSRP||Approximate Size|
|1001042||Super Classic Sling™||Black||$31.50||25"–36" (63,5cm–91,4 cm)|
|1010042||Super Classic Sling™||Nature||$31.50||25"–36" (63,5cm–91,4 cm)|
The Super Classic Sling™ is measured from the top of the shoulder to the end of the Uni-Loop connector.
Quick Adjust Feature
How to Attach a Uni Loop™ Connector to your Camera
1. Thread Uni Loop™ through connection point on the right side of camera.
2. Thread quick disconnect through opening of Uni Loop™ Connector.
3. Pull quick disconnect to tighten knot.
4. Attach the Uni-Loop Connector™ to the corresponding quick disconnect on the sling. The second Uni-Loop Connector™ is only used on cameras with a second connection area located on the right side (not top) or on a Pro Battery Grip. Most cameras will only use one connection.
5. Place the strap pad over the left shoulder. The triglide on the back adjusts the sling to the appropriate length. The second triglide can be positioned to act as a stop to prevent your camera from sliding too far back on the sling.
One Uni-Loop Connector™ is sufficient for supporting a camera. It has a static weight support of up to 146 pounds.
Questions & AnswersNo questions have been asked regarding this product.
Buy from a Dealer
Factory-direct shipping is available in the USA only.
It's always best to support your local dealer.
We understand that this may not always be an option due to location; therefore, we're always happy to take your factory-direct order. We ship throughout the USA only. (Please note: we no longer ship to Canada.) For shipments to other countries please locate one of our International Distributors.